- 1 ½ lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4.5 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1 lb Provolone cheese slices
- 1 cup pesto (make your own, or use jarred)
- 12 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 12 toasted pine nuts for presentation
- Some fresh basil for presentation
Combine cream cheese, butter and goat cheese with mixer until smooth. Set aside. Line a 9x 5 loaf pan with double-layered cheesecloth, slightly dampened. Overlap edges so you can cover pan. Line pan with Provolone slices on bottom and sides, overlapping slices and reserving enough slices to cover the top after filling is added. Add one third cheese mixture to pan; top with half the pesto and then half the tomatoes. Repeat ending with a layer of cheese mixture on top. Cover with reserved provolone slices. Bring up layers of cheesecloth to cover; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least overnight.
To serve, lift torte from pan and remove cheesecloth. Decorate top with reserved pine nuts and basil leaves.