- 1 (1 pound) sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flour
- lemon juice
- 1 pie crust (see apple pie recipe)
- a couple/few tablespoons or so crushed gingersnap cookie powder
- Microwave sweet potato whole in skin until soft. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla (and other spices, lemon juice, and flour). Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pull out any strings while mixing.
- Get your pie crust ready and in a pie pan. Sprinkle gingersnap cookie crumbles into the bottomof it. Pour filling into an crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.